Agenda for next meeting
ORAC is a registered charity - 295058
*** The 2023 ORAC Annual General Meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m on 17th August at Occold Village Hall ***
- To promote the benefit of the community of Occold and its neighbourhood by associating with local authorities, voluntary organisations and the community in a common effort to advance education
- To provide facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the objective of improving the conditions of life for the community
To achieve this, we will:
- Manage and maintain the Village Hall, the Children's Play Area and the Playing Field - for the benefit of local organisations and private bookings
- Organise fund-raising events to achieve our mission and also bring together all those in the community
- Manage the Village Green and Notice Board
- Manage the Luncheon Club and Market & Car Boot as non-fundraising events for community benefit
- Chair meetings of the Management Committee to which all residents are invited including an AGM and publish the minutes of such meetings and Statements of Accounts (see left-hand column)
- Provide a quarterly parish magazine (ORACLE) for articles, promoting events etc and delivered free to every household
- Support this village website (www.occold.com) to provide an additional forum for the exchange of information and timely updates
- Manage glass & paper recycling to raise funds
Health and Safety Policy
Please read our Health and Safety Policy which is available here.
Reports and photogalleries of past events can be viewed in the Village Photogallery.
Future events will be listed in the Events Calendar.
Bottle and Paper Banks
Please use these facilities when you can as the recycling payments received by ORAC help your Village Hall. If banks are getting full, please report them to Committee & Support.
If the banks are full, please do not leave paper or bottles on the ground as this can not only attract rats but ORAC has been threatened with fly-tipping if it occurs!
ORAC has found it necessary to reinstate the ban on dogs being allowed onto the Playing Field. We had hoped that dog owners would act responsibly in controlling their dogs and in clearing up any fouling which takes place. Reports show us that this has not been the case. Therefore it should be noted that:
Dogs are not allowed anywhere on the playing field. Where dogs are taken along the footpath at the back of the Village Hall, please ensure that they are kept under control and that any dog fouling is removed and placed in the bins provided around the village (or otherwise disposed of).