Village Hall Bookings & Info
People of Occold
We now have an online database of people from Occold containing a lot of their family history data. Currently, there are
3,152 people and
and this is growing daily.
Visit People to search the database.
The total amount raised so far for National and Local Charities stands at:
The total raised in 2018 was
Occold ORACLE is delivered free to about 220 households in and round the village. It is published quarterly and delivered early March, June, September, and early December in time for Christmas events and advertisments.
Content can be changed between issues and we can help with artwork/graphics.
To view the most recent editions, please see below:-
Advertising is FREE to Occold Clubs and Organisations, Statutory Bodies and For Sale / Wanted items. We also welcome articles about Occold, the environment and generally anything which may be of wide appeal.
Business advertising rates are as follows:
- Full page - £15 for 1 issue
- Full page - £54 for 4 issues
- Half page - £8 for 1 issue
- Half Page - £30 for 4 issues
Guidelines for Submission
- The Oracle is very kindly printed by Covance. Their machine takes our A4 Word file and shrinks it to A5 booklet format which changes margins, headings, photos etc. and particularly print size, and this creates considerable work in the compiling and editing stage of production
Whilst we can change many formats to suit this process (txt, rtf, etc) it would help dramatically if you could submit electronic articles in the following:
Use Word (doc or docx)
Use Calibri font size 14 (select in HOME)
Use Narrow Margins (select in Layout)
Use No paragraph spacings (select in Design) then, in text just hit return twice to create paragraph spacing)
Do Not Use Headers, Footers, Headings or Titles
Do Not Use page breaks
This will ensure that the page you see on your computer will look as close as possible to the final printed page.
Paper or email articles can also be handled
- Pictures and photographs should be submitted in electronic form, or original photo. Photographs in most of the popular electronic formats (.jpg, .bmp. .gif etc) can be handled and give a better result than scanning.
- Submitters are solely responsible for the content of their articles, in particular any copyright issues.
- Articles containing links to other web sites should be checked to ensure any such links are working. Thereafter, the submitter is responsible for maintaining these.
- Business advertisers will be invoiced following approval of the way their advert will appear.
For queries on layout formats, large type, postage, advertising rates or to submit your material, please contact: